Grab the opportunity to assist Canada as a caregiver. Canada values your contribution and offers the chance to apply for permanent residence after 2 years of working as a caregiver. You have to check your eligibility before applying as a caregiver. You have options under the caregiver program to become a permanent resident or temporary work permit.

Permanent resistance for caregivers:

  • Having a valid work permit/applying to extend your work permit/to restore your status as a caregiver in Canada.
  • If you have work experience (either as a Home Support worker or Home Child Care Provider)
  • Having 1-year of work experience (full time).
  • Have a job that matches the listing of the NOC code’s duties.
  • Relevant language skills in
  • A Canadian high school diploma or a foreign diploma certificate (or equivalent)

There are ongoing programs under the Caregiver program for immigrants that are home child providers, home support workers, and live-in caregivers. Your work permit would be restricted and you would be able to work only in this occupation.

Temporary resistance for caregivers:

If you are qualified for permanent residence, you can apply to work temporarily. If the candidates are currently working in Canada as caregivers, you can extend your work permit through the TFWP (temporary foreign worker program).

Let’s gather all your required documents and work as if you were a caregiver in Canada. Nationwide Educational Services can help you with the process.


Frequently Asked


Caregivers in Canada are those who are caring for other people to provide them with better lifestyles, including babysitters, live-in child caregivers, nannies, private home child caregivers, parent’s helpers, foster parents, etc.

Caregivers who are already working in Canada are eligible for this program. The current applications are closed for new applicants. You can be the caregiver, working already but looking for a new employer and approved for LMIA.

You must hold enough work experience and meet the language skills. You have enough qualifications and are admissible to Canada. You have experience for a total of 24 months within the 36 months of applying for a job.